Thursday 16 November 2017

A Walk in the Woods

Today was my first day off, that didn’t include some form of work. In fact, I’ve just awoken from a much need 4-hour power nap. Now I’m sipping tea, wrapped in a blanket and reflecting on the past few weeks. It’s been quite a trip overall - travels to The Netherlands, interviews with Acadia Alum and CBC Radio, writing contracts, and everyday work.

While in Zeist, I took a much needed walk in the woods...times two. It gave me a bit of a chance to ponder what was then my current position in life. It was beautiful! The leaves were turning, the air was crisp, and the smell of autumn was inescapable.


This morning I woke up, enjoyed a sip of coffee (or three...) and packed up Gert before making our way to one of my favourite spots* to unwind/unclutter my thoughts/enjoy nature - the Musquodoboit Harbour Trail. Now, in full disclosure, there was once a time (once a year, to be more specific) that I hated this spot. This was none other than the ESDH Walk-a-thon. But in the years since I left that dingy old school, I have come to appreciate that trail more and more.

I had hoped to get there before the leaves had completely fallen, as that walk is so stunning when the leaves are various colours. There were still some leaves attached, but most had fallen and begun settling into their winter hibernation. Still the crisp fall air and smells were all around us - it was perfect nonetheless. And best yet, a solid 6kms of training went off without a hitch, so my training is well underway for the PeaceWalk in May!



Not a bad way to decompress, if I may say so myself!

-the Orange Canadian

*Most of you have come to know Lawrencetown Beach to be my #1 spot to think

No comments:

Post a Comment